The expression “going the extra mile” would simply mean going “Above and Beyond” at whatever you do. Putting extraordinary efforts into ordinary things is what creates a positive impact.
And when it comes to customer services, the best way to win at it is by providing them more than expected. It is the willingness to go the extra mile above your competition that makes the real difference.
How customers feel about your brand is much more important than anything else. Having the best products but with bad customer service is not going to create a great customer experience.
Know your users or customers, address their pain points or issues, aim to deliver beyond their expectations or imagination. Let the way you work helps to make them feel special and proud to connect with your brand.
We, humans, are emotional beings. Do not just deliver great products or services, deliver good and positive emotions too. How they feel really decides whether they get connected or not with the brand.
Add a human touch to your products or customer services to make them feel more connected. Aim to go above and beyond their expectations, remember, attention to detail is what matters the most, especially when one aims for a position of leadership in their respective market.
Presenting best quotes about going the extra mile to win the confidence of anyone.
- It’s never crowded along the extra mile. – Wayne Dyer
- Our greatest asset is the customer! Treat each customer as if they are the only one. – Laurice Leitao
- There are no traffic jams on the extra mile. – Zig Ziglar
- If you don’t love something, you’re not going to go the extra mile, work the extra weekend, challenge the status quo as much. – Steve Jobs
- I’ve learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel. – Maya Angelou
- The man who does more than he is paid for will soon be paid for more than he does. – Napoleon Hill
- We see our customers as invited guests to a party, and we are the hosts. It’s our job to make the customer experience a little bit better. – Jeff Bezos
- Put ‘going the extra mile’ to work as part of one’s daily habit. – Bruce Lee
- You don’t earn loyalty in a day. You earn loyalty day-by-day. – Jeffrey Gitomer
- Happy customers are your biggest advocates and can become your most successful sales team. – Lisa Masiello
Aim to provide exceptional value
- Start going the extra mile and opportunity will follow you. – Napoleon Hill
- Your work is going to fill a large part of your life, and the only way to be truly satisfied is to do what you believe is great work. – Steve Jobs
- Go the extra mile because doing your best in this moment puts you in the best place for the next moment. – Oprah Winfrey
- The difference between ordinary and extraordinary is that little extra. – Jimmy Johnson
- The limits of the possible can only be defined by going beyond them into the impossible. – Arthur C. Clarke
- Instead of focusing on the competition, focus on the customer. – Scott Cook
- The magic formula that successful businesses have discovered is to treat customers like guests and employees like people. – Tom Peters
- You can have everything in life you want if you’ll just help enough other people to get what they want. – Zig Ziglar
- A brand for a company is like a reputation for a person. You earn reputation by trying to do hard things well. – Jeff Bezos
- Strive not to be a success, but rather to be of value. – Albert Einstein
Quality is everything, there are no alternatives
- Men are rich only as they give. He who gives great service gets great rewards. – Elbert Hubbard
- Most people spend more time and energy going around problems than in trying to solve them. – Henry Ford
- It is not your customer’s job to remember you, it is your obligation and responsibility to make sure they don’t have the chance to forget you. – Patricia Fripp
- Here is a simple but powerful rule: Always give people more than what they expect to get. – Nelson Boswell
- Satisfaction is a rating. Loyalty is a brand. – Shep Hyken
- Quality in a service or product is not what you put into it. It is what the customer gets out of it. – Peter Drucker
- Our attitude towards others determines their attitude towards us. – Earl Nightingale