Failure is inevitable. Every person in this universe has experienced failure at some point in their lives. Failure is often viewed as something to be avoided or feared. However, the truth is that failure can be one of the most powerful catalysts for growth.
Aren’t we likely to encounter obstacles and failure when we try something new? In that way, isn’t avoiding failure the same as avoiding doing new things?
Remember, failing and not trying is different from failing, learning from it, and keeping trying. It’s not about embracing failure and doing nothing. The idea is not to fear failure but to learn from past experiences and turn them into stepping stones.
Sports legend Michael Jordan represents this mindset better than any other individual. While Jordan is renowned for his extraordinary skills and unparalleled success on the court, failures and setbacks were also part of his path. However, his sheer determination and ability to learn from his mistakes made him one of the best athletes of all time.
In this blog post, we bring you a collection of 23 powerful quotes from Michael Jordan on failure. These quotes remind us that failure is not the end but a stepping stone toward achieving our goals.
The 23 Most Powerful Michael Jordan Quotes on Failure to Help You Achieve Personal Growth, Motivation, and Triumph
- I can accept failure, everyone fails at something. But I can’t accept not trying. – Michael Jordan
- I’ve missed more than 9,000 shots in my career. I’ve lost almost 300 games. Twenty-six times, I’ve been trusted to take the game-winning shot and missed. I’ve failed over and over and over again in my life. And that is why I succeed. – Michael Jordan
- To learn to succeed, you must first learn to fail. – Michael Jordan
- The key to success is failure. – Michael Jordan
- Failure is acceptable. but not trying is a whole different ball park. – Michael Jordan
- I play to win, whether during practice or a real game. – Michael Jordan
- If nobody will help you, do it alone! There is no ‘i’ in team, but there is ‘i’ in WIN. – Michael Jordan
- Failure gave me strength. Pain was my motivation – Michael Jordan
- If you start to think about who is going to win the championship, you’ve lost your focus. – Michael Jordan
- The game has its ups and downs, but you can never lose focus of your individual goals and you can’t let yourself be beat because of lack of effort. – Michael Jordan
- Some people want it to happen, some wish it would happen, and others make it happen. – Michael Jordan
- It doesn’t matter if you fall down, it’s whether you get back up. – Michael Jordan
- The best come from the worst. – Michael Jordan
- My attitude is that if you push me towards something that you think is a weakness, then I will turn that perceived weakness into a strength. – Michael Jordan
- Obstacles don’t have to stop you. If you run into a wall, don’t turn around and give up. Figure out how to climb it, go through it, or work around it. – Michael Jordan
- I’ve never lost a game. I just ran out of time. – Michael Jordan
- Learning’s a gift, even when pain is your teacher. – Michael Jordan
- My father used to say that it’s never too late to do anything you wanted to do. And he said you never know what you can accomplish until you try. – Michael Jordan
- If you quit ONCE it becomes a habit.Never quit. – Michael Jordan
- Never say never, because limits, like fears, are often just an illusion. – Michael Jordan
- You can practice shooting 8 hours a day, but if your technique is wrong, then all you become is very good at shooting the wrong way. Get the fundamentals down and the level of everything you do will rise. – Michael Jordan
- If you can’t stop thinking about it, don’t stop working on it. – Michael Jordan
- You must expect great things of yourself before you can do them. – Michael Jordan
These quotes by Michael Jordan serve as a powerful reminder that failure is not the end but a stepping stone on the path to success. We hope these 23 quotes will inspire you to believe in yourself and your abilities no matter how challenging things get.
We would love to hear which quote resonated with you the most. Please share your favorite quote in the comments below, and let’s keep supporting one another on this journey of empowerment.