Why engage in arguments when you can avoid disputes by staying silent? When others only seem interested in responding to you rather than listening to you, why say anything at all?
When silence is more effective than your words, choose it. Let your words and your silence lead to peace, not conflict. Arguments are useless if they serve no purpose and if one tries to win at any cost.
Let your silence do its job when the other person seems to prefer one-way communication. Knowing when to speak and when not to speak is an art in itself.
There is a fine line between arguing and reasoning. Winning an argument at any cost is a losing strategy. Having one-way communication with someone to prove your point is the best way to ruin a valuable relationship.
Here are quotes about arguments to avoid unnecessary conflicts to live a peaceful life.
Best Quotes on Arguments to Avoid Disputes.
- Great leaders are almost always great simplifiers, who can cut through argument, debate and doubt, to offer a solution everybody can understand. – Colin Powell
- Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience. – Mark Twain
- Arguing with a fool proves there are two. – Doris Smith
- Don’t raise your voice, improve your argument. – Desmond Tutu
- It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt. – Mark Twain
- The cure for a fallacious argument is a better argument, not the suppression of ideas. – Carl Sagan
- The only way to get the best of an argument is to avoid it. – Dale Carnegie
- Silence is one of the hardest arguments to refute. – Josh Billings
- Waste no more time arguing about what a good man should be. Be one. – Marcus Aurelius
- Sometimes, silence is the best way to win an argument. – Jorge P. Guerrero
Wisdom is knowing when to speak and when to remain silent
- Behind every argument is someone’s ignorance. – Louis D. Brandeis
- Raise your words, not your voice. It is rain that grows flowers, not thunder. – Rumi
- The thing I hate about an argument is that it always interrupts a discussion. – G. K. Chesterton
- The aim of argument, or of discussion, should not be victory, but progress. – Joseph Joubert
- Don’t take the wrong side of an argument just because your opponent has taken the right side. – Baltasar Gracian
- Discussion is an exchange of knowledge; an argument an exchange of ignorance. – Robert Quillen
- I’d rather lose an argument than get into a long discussion in order to win it. – Rafael Nadal
- The less you say, the more weight your words will carry. – Leigh Bardugo
- It’s hard to win an argument with a smart person, but it’d damn near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person. – Bill Murray
- Say what you mean, but don’t say it mean. – Andrea Wachter
- Whoever sets the agenda controls the outcome of the debate. – Noam Chomsky
We hope these quotes on arguments will inspire you to lead a conflict-free and peaceful life. Share your favorite quote in the comments below.