This article contains quotes on anger and ego and why to overcome them in order to stop destroying your relationships.
The worst things that can happen in any kind of relationship are anger and ego. In the end, it’s human nature, we all have them, one may never be able to overcome them completely, but, by practicing these quotes one can prevent relationships from being ruined.
There is certainly no way to outshadow the anger especially when situations arise where we feel betrayed. After all, anger is part of human nature and although one cannot change this nature, one can certainly work towards it so that anger won’t take away the peace.
Doesn’t anger and ego solve nothing, doesn’t make us feel good either, but instead, it steals everything away from us?
Wisdom is to know that our own mental peace is what matters most, and our relationships are equally important especially when they are close to us. Don’t let small clashes or issues destroy those wonderful relationships. Be the one to make the first move to forgive their mistakes, it makes them aware of their actions.
Here are 60 quotes about anger and ego you should use to stop damaging your relationships.
- For every minute you remain angry, you give up sixty seconds of peace of mind. – Ralph Waldo Emerson
- Keep cool; anger is not an argument. – Daniel Webster
- He who angers you conquers you. – Elizabeth Kenny
- Anger dwells only in the bosom of fools. – Albert Einstein
- Get mad, then get over it. – Colin Powell
- A broken bone can heal, but the wound a word opens can fester forever. – Jessamyn West
- Behind every argument is someone’s ignorance. – Louis D. Brandeis
- When a man is wrong and won’t admit it, he always gets angry. – Thomas Chandler Haliburton
- I don’t like anybody to be angry with me. I’d rather have friends. – B. B. King
Peace of mind should never be taken for granted.
- Speak when you are angry – and you’ll make the best speech you’ll ever regret. – Laurence J. Peter
- Holding on to anger is like grasping a hot coal with the intent of throwing it at someone else; you are the one who gets burned. – Buddha
- When anger rises, think of the consequences. – Confucius
- When angry count to ten before you speak. If very angry, count to one hundred. – Thomas Jefferson
- Whatever is begun in anger ends in shame. – Benjamin Franklin
- People won’t have time for you if you are always angry or complaining. – Stephen Hawking
- The opposite of anger is not calmness, its empathy. – Mehmet Oz
- Anger and intolerance are the enemies of correct understanding. – Mahatma Gandhi
- Silence is one of the hardest arguments to refute. – Josh Billings
- Fear is the only true enemy, born of ignorance and the parent of anger and hate. – Edward Albert
The best thing you can do for yourself is to be humble towards others.
- Forgiveness is the economy of the heart… forgiveness saves the expense of anger, the cost of hatred, the waste of spirits. – Hannah More
- Self-praise is for losers. Be a winner. Stand for something. Always have class, and be humble. – John Madden
- I’m always asked, ‘What’s the secret to success?’ But there are no secrets. Be humble. Be hungry. And always be the hardest worker in the room. – Dwayne Johnson
- Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that. – Martin Luther King, Jr.
- It’s one of the greatest gifts you can give yourself, to forgive. Forgive everybody. – Maya Angelou
- The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is the attribute of the strong. – Mahatma Gandhi
- When you forgive, you in no way change the past – but you sure do change the future. – Bernard Meltzer
- Forgiveness is the giving, and so the receiving, of life. – George MacDonald
- The practice of forgiveness is our most important contribution to the healing of the world. – Marianne Williamson
- How unhappy is he who cannot forgive himself. – Publilius Syrus
You can change your life by changing your thoughts.
- Anger makes you smaller, while forgiveness forces you to grow beyond what you were. – Chérie Carter-Scott
- If it comes, let it come. If it goes, it’s ok, let it go. Let things come and go. Stay calm, don’t let anything disturb your peace, and carry on. – Germany Kent
- You are not the anger, you are the awareness behind the anger. Realize this and the anger will no longer control you. – Eckhart Tolle
- Not being outraged by anything is a superpower. – James Pierce
- Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering. – Yoda, ‘The Phantom Menace’
- Do not let your anger lead to hatred, as you will hurt yourself more than you would the other. – Stephen Richards
- Never respond to an angry person with a fiery comeback, even if he deserves it… Don’t allow his anger to become your anger. – Bohdi Sanders
- Anger is stupid, and stupidity will kill you more surely than your opponent’s blade. – Patricia Briggs
- Don’t waste your time in anger, regrets, worries, and grudges. Life is too short to be unhappy. – Roy T. Bennett
- You will not be punished for your anger, you will be punished by your anger. – Buddha
Manage your anger, don’t let it manage you.
- Anger blows out the lamp of the mind. – Robert G. Ingersoll
- Angry people are not always wise. – Jane Austen
- Anger is a bad counselor. – French Proverb
- Calm is the best revenge. – Bangambiki Habyarimana
- Anger is a boomerang. – Karen Salmansohn
- Anger makes us feel so isolated. – Fred Rogers
- Don’t hold to anger, hurt or pain. They steal your energy and keep you from love. – Leo Buscaglia
- Free your hearts of anxiety, pain and anger, to have peace within your heart and soul. – Lailah Gifty Akita
- The smarter you get, the more you realize anger is not worth it. – Maxime Lagacé
- Patience and empathy are anger’s mortal enemies. – Gary Rudz
Anger fixes nothing, and instead makes things worse.
- Getting angry in a stressful situation is like trying to clean something with dirt. – Urbanky Aurel Petru
- Anger resolves nothing it only puts up your blood pressure. – Catherine Pulsifer
- To be angry is to let others’ mistakes punish yourself. – Buddha
- I was angered, for I had no shoes. Then I met a man who had no feet. – Chinese Proverb
- Anger can be an expensive luxury. – Italian Proverb
- When we are caught up in a destructive emotion, we lose one of our greatest assets: our independence. – Dalai Lama
- Great anger and violence can never build a nation. – Nelson Mandela
- Speak the truth, do not become angered, and give when asked, even be it a little. – Buddha
- Once you recognize that anger brings you nothing but internal emotional stress, you are ready to move forward with a more clearly defined positive action. – Catherine Pulsifer
- Anger is a bad advisor. – Czech Proverb